Stardust-DTU has founded a student-run non-profit incubator for start-ups at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) in collaboration with CSE-Lab (Copenhagen Business School (CBS)) and Copenhagen University (KU).
What defines DTU start-up?
A DTU-start-up is characterized by an innovative and engineered solution that is created into a business. It has a relation to DTU and might even be started in a course at DTU.
What resources do you need as a start-up?
As a DTU student, you often don’t receive the necessary information and education in taking your idea to the next level. Createch-DTU incubator will give students an opportunity to create innovative solution with a competitive advantage.
BUT, what do you do when you want to take your idea to market and create a business? This is where Stardust-DTU and Createch-DTU becomes relevant for you.
What can Createch-DTU do for you as a start-up?
- -You get a spot in a creative office environment where you get a base to work on your business among other start-up companies
- -You get a strong network of other entrepreneurs on different levels and a lot of knowledge within the entrepreneurial environment
- -You get access to our mentor program which include both tech- and business heavy knowledge to guide you in the right direction
- -You get access to exclusive sessions with inspirational mentors who can help you develop your business
- -You get a spot to present your business for investors at demo days
- -You get to experience great sessions with cool inspiring entrepreneurs
- -You get easy access to students from other universities who might have the business or social marketing profile you need in your team
How to get a spot in Createch-DTU?
In order to get a spot in the incubator, your start-up needs to have a relation to The Technical University of DTU, which can mean
A person in the group:
- -studies at DTU
- -is a former student at DTU (within 5 years)
- -works at DTU
- -have access to DTU-facilities
- -is related in some other technical way
- -Company Name
- -Product description: What do you do, and how does it apply to a business perspective
- -Founders Name, Address, Contact info and Studies
- -Motivation and goals
- -Previous experience with entrepreneurial activities
- -Attach extra material that helps explain your company
BioLAB -a virtual laboratory and educational platform for teaching biotechnology and other sciences to students in schools and universities all over the world. BioLab gives students a possibility to work with exciting challenges in a virtual 3D‐environment that simulates reality. Students have the possibility to carry out the exact same routines as in a real‐life professional lab (which is not available at schools), along with other helpful features.
Bushman - Bushman Living Is an organisation that aims at creating a self sufficiency sustainable living for the people of the African bush. Bushman Living provides a technological communications infrastructure for educational purposes and shares knowledge through more than 250 water, food and energy related projects in Africa.
OCTLight - works with optical coherence tomography (OCT) and can provide the OCT-marked a light source that enables better diagnostics of eye-diseases. With the use of semi-conductor technology, it is a 10-100 times faster than competitor’s solutions, for the same price as conventional OCT-technology. This creates new possibilities within eye-diseases, but also other areas as e.g. cardiovascular diseases and near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS).
Board of Advisors
Frank A. Mathiasen - Chief Consultant, CIEL Senior Project Manager
Thomas Riise - Partner at Lassen Richard
Christian Vintergaard - Adm. Director at Young Enterprise Danmark
Anders Bjarklev - Rektor at DTU
DTU Office for Research and Innovation
Jacob Torpe Winter
Jakob Steen Jensen
SEED Capital Denmark
Jan Bendix a/s
DTU Management Engineering
Væksthus Hovedstadsregionen (Business Link Greater Copenhagen)
BIOSTRAT Biotech Consulting
Design By Us, Denmark
Rolf Henrik Berg
Sune Nordentoft Lauritsen
DTU Management Engineering
Thomas Nejsum Madsen
Timothy John Hobley
Presentation form Summer Startup Inspiration